Who we are
We want to be:
• an enthusiastic, thriving church;
• a spiritual home for all;
• a community of all ages – worshipping, praying and playing together;
• a church that cares for everyone within the church community – and reaches out into the wider community
• a church that cares about creation
Why “Reformed”? Why “United”?
Reformed’ means that we delight in the Bible, we do not fear change, and we try to run our churches in ways that take everyone’s insight and contribution seriously.
‘United’ is an important part of our story. We started when English Presbyterians merged with English and Welsh Congregationalists in 1972. Churches of Christ joined in 1981 and Scottish Congregationalists in 2000. We still work as closely as we can with Christians of all traditions and styles.
And we are one ‘Church’. We aim to grow through supporting one another and taking decisions together.
Find out more at urc.org.uk